Workers compensation and injury management
The Workers Compensation Act 1987, Work Injury Management and Workers Compensation Act 1998 and the Workers Compensation Regulation 2010 detail the workers compensation, injury management and return to work responsibilities of employers and workers.
As an employer, you must:
As a worker you must:
- notify your employer as soon as possible of an injury
- Where weekly benefits are being claimed
- provide a WorkCover certificate of capacity (completed by a medical practitioner) to the insurer;
- provide a worker’s declaration as to work capacity to the insurer.
- permit your nominated treating doctor to release information to the insurer,
- participate and cooperate with the development and implementation of injury management and return-to-work plans.
Call 13 10 50 for more information about your rights and responsibilities.